The Easy Chef – Twice Baked Potatoes Recipe
The Easy Chef -Twice Baked Potatoes Recipe
- 4 Large Potatoes
- 1 Stick of Butter
- 8 Strips of Bacon
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese (Sharp)
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Bunch of Fresh Chives (chopped)
- 1 green onion (chopped)
- Salt & Pepper
- Rinse and scrub each potato under cold running water.
- Dry each potato thoroughly with a clean towel.
- Don’t wrap with aluminum foil, you want the skin hard.
- Pierce middle with a fork (potato could explode in oven, creating a mess).
- Bake on rack, with foil underneath, 60 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Fry bacon, 2 slices per potato, cook well done.
- Set bacon aside when done, allow to cool off, then chop in small bits.
- Take potatoes out, slice in half (not completely through, but fold open).
- With spoon carefully scoop out potato, leaving skin and a little potato, and put in large bowl.
- Add 1 stick of butter to potatoes.
- Mash potatoes and butter with masher.
- Add Sour Cream, Chives, Bacon, most of the cheddar, shredded cheddar, salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Scoop potato mixture back in to potato skins/shells.
- Wrap in tin foil.
- Bake in oven at 425 for 30 minutes .
- Open, top with some remaining cheese and green onion.
- Serve hot.
Peter Artale, a family man living in Maryland, has been cooking since he was 13 years old. He has also been the primary cook in his household for the entirety of his married life. For 21 years, when he wasn’t cooking a delicious meal for his family, he was serving our country in the Air Force.
His experience in the military provided him with a rich travel life. He’s taken up residences as distant as Germany as well as various states in the continental United States. This cultured lifestyle and lengthy experience has made him renowned within his circle of family and friends for his delectable cooking. Only recently, with the help of his wife, Crystal, has he decided to document his talents.
Other recipes can be found at: The Easy Chef videos.