One Step Closer Foundation’s Raising The Stakes for Cerebral Palsy Celebrity Poker Tournament
One Step Closer Foundation’s “Raising the Stakes” for Cerebral Palsy Celebrity Poker Tournament was held at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino on June 19.
It was a star-studded affair to raise funds for people with CP. The fun-filled charity event kicked off with a red carpet event at 1 p.m. Stars walked the carpet, chatted with media and posed for pics and selfies with excited fans before battling it out in a game of Texas Hold ‘Em.
Co-hosted by Cheryl Hines and Montel Williams, tournament play began at 2 p.m. with over 110 participants going all in including Jennifer Tilly, Mekhi Phifer, Dennis Haskins, Ryan Beckett, Omar Gooding, Lawyer Milloy, Chyna, Kara Monaco, Jennifer Braff, Alicia Webb (WWE Ryan Shamrock), Shawn Davari, Adam Archuleta, Jennifer Archuleta, Stacy Fuson, Erik Aude, Erin O’Brien, Josh Emerson, Miko Hughes, Pilar Lastra, Dennis McCoy, poker pro Noah Schwartz, former WSOP Main Event Champions Jamie Gold and Joe Cada, MMA fighters Jay Hieron, Phil Baroni and Heath Herring and TNA pro wrestler Kenny King.
Poker players of all levels and the stars battled it out all afternoon, including Mekhi Phifer, Kara Monaco and poker pro Joe Cada who went on to capture seats at the Final Table. But in the end, it was Cada who snagged the title and the $10,000 cash prize. As the event was for charity, Cada graciously donated a significant portion of his winning back to the foundation. Chris Penfield of Fairfield, CA placed second, taking home $5,000.
Below are results from the Final Table.
- Joe Cada; $10,000
- Chris Penfield – Fairfield, CA; $5,000
- Sam Simmons – Las Vegas, NV; $2,500
- Steve Potashnick – San Diego, CA; Jimmy Kimmel VIP Meet & Greet Package
- Ben Hamnett – Pittsburg, PI; Dinner with Playmates
- Mekhi Phifer; 2-night Luxurious Vegas Hotel Package
- Kara Monaco; Vegas Show Package
- Danny Noam – Scottsdale, AZ; Overnight Luxurious Vegas Hotel package
- Mitch Tyra – Shreveport, LABoyz II Men VIP Meet & Greet Package
- Scott Miroff – Reno NV; Cut & Shave Comedy Show Package
Total for the “Raising The Stakes” for CP Celebrity Poker Tournament was over $40,000 for people with CP and their families.
Photo Credit: Jim Smith