Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 43)

What’s Happening

By Vanessa McConnell RESIDENT DJ NICK CANNON RETURNS TO CHATEAU NIGHTCLUB & GARDENS THANKSGIVING WEEKEND Thanksgiving weekend, Nick Cannon will return for his monthly DJ residency at Chateau Nightclub & Gardens on Saturday, Nov. 26. Following Cannon’s first Thanksgiving with his six-month old twins, the multi-faceted star will spend a night in Sin City to […]

Vegas is Giving Back

By Joe Buda Las Vegans are giving back to the community this holiday season.  Many charities throughout the Valley really step up their efforts this time of year. The following is a list of some of the most prominent charities and what they have planned.

The Wine Column: Revel Vin Rouge

By Michelle Bachmann Contributing Writer I love this time of year! I’m already starting to put together my guest list and grocery list, and select the wines for the Thanksgiving meal.  For my guests that usually don’t drink wine, I have noticed over the years that on special occasions, they will enjoy a glass of […]

First Digital World Expo Offers a Taste of Things to Come , Part 4

By Sara Gabriella Contributing Writer

The Angry Rebel: “Nevada Day”

By Zachary Swartz This marks the fourth year I have lived in Las Vegas, originally I hale from Pasadena California, and for the fourth straight year I have been oblivious to what exactly Nevada Day is all about.

First Digital World Expo Offers a Taste of Things to Come , Part 3

By Sara Gabriella Contributing Writer

Baja California: Providing Fresh Cuisine in a Relaxed Environment

By Joe Buda In the photo: Fresh guacamole is prepared table side at Baja California “It’s a lifestyle,” Jimmy Maddin, owner and chef at Baja California answered when asked to describe his restaurant.

The Dave Austin Memorial Ride – Poker Run

Bring your motorcycle or hot rod to this fun “poker run” in support of cancer care and research at NVCI. The Dave Austin Memorial Ride will hit five Las Vegas locales on Sunday, October 23. Whether you ride or not, please join us at the NVCI campus stop for food, fun and entertainment. Ride begins […]

Imagination Movers Unveil Nationwide ‘Rock-O-Matic Tour 2012!’

Tickets for the ‘Rock-O-Matic Tour 2012!’ Go On Sale October 21st LOS ANGELES, Oct. 21, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Want to add some rock n’ roll excitement to your family’s life?  Then don’t miss the Imagination Movers’ 2012 Rock-O-Matic Tour! Rich, Scott, Dave and Smitty – of the Emmy-winning Disney Channel TV series “Imagination Movers” – […]

The Wine Column: Pied Violet Cabernet Franc

By Michelle Bachmann Contributing Writer Pied Violet, French for purple foot, pays tribute to the foot treading of grapes – a long-ago, labor-intensive crushing process that has been around almost as long as wine itself. There’s an idea for a Halloween costume. Put on your best old-world outfit, go barefoot, and paint your feet dark […]

Join the Informer mailing list

Check your email and confirm the subscription