Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 43)

Digital World Expo’s Michael York Talks Tech

By Sara Gabriella Contributing Writer In the photo: Michael York Digital World Expo comes to the Mirage September 25-27, so I knew it had to be crunch time at the DWE offices. With Las Vegas’ homegrown digital conference less than a month away, and the advertising, technology and marketing worlds buzzing about its debut; I […]

The Wine Column: Table White Wine

By Michelle Bachmann Contributing Writer Do you have a favorite restaurant? Is it a place where everyone knows your name? Do you order “the usual” and the same glass of house wine every time? For some, variety is the spice of life. For others, it’s a pleasure to enjoy a good tasting, familiar meal and […]

A Dose of Mischief for Digital World Expo

By Sara Gabriella Contributing Writer In the photo: John “Mischief” HeaukulaniDigital World Expo debuts September 25-27 to offer media, entertainment, marketing, communications and advertising professionals a hands-on, comprehensive education on how digital technology applies to their fields, now—and in the future.  The pace of technological change happens at warp speeds, as new technologies, and the […]

A Conversation with Digital World Expo Speaker, Shahab Zargari

By Sara Gabriella Contributing Writer In the photo: Shahab Zargari Digital World Expo delights technology, marketing, advertising, media and entertainment professionals, September 25-27, at the Mirage Events Center. The conference blends, interactive demos, classroom-style seminars, and hands-on workshops, to offer a complete education and exploration of the application of digital technology to their industry. As […]

The Wine Column: Talmage Cellars’ Cabernet Sauvignon

By Michelle Bachmann Contributing Writer We’ve all done it.  Admit it.  You’ve gone to the store to purchase a bottle of wine as a gift. It starts by narrowing down your choices to one varietal or wine region. You may even read a few of the wine cards the store has displayed with each wine. […]

How I Help

Many people help build sustainability their lifestyles everyday. Here’s what some of our readers help stay green. “I have water efficient appliances and try to minimize the amount of times I used them. I try to not be wasteful of our water and energy. I keep the lights off when I’m not in a room, […]

Digital World Expo Debuts in September

By Sara Gabriella A new conference bursts on the convention scene this year as Digital World Expo hits the Mirage Events Center September 25-27. DWE has a packed calendar of workshops, interactive demonstrations and exhibitions, seminars and speeches to offer attendees of this year’s debut symposium. DWE covers the gamut of uses, strategies and development […]

Weight Loss Challenge and FREE Nutrition Class begins August 10

Press Release by Paula Pecorella Personal Wellness Coaches Paula Pecorella and Scott Morgan are hosting a free nutrition class and weight-loss challenge for those in the community who are interested in improving their health.This free 12-week class is set to begin on Wednesday, August 10, at 6:00 PM at 5755 S Rainbow Rd, Suite 103. […]

September Goes Social

By Sara Gabriella Contributing Writer September 19-23 is Social Media Week. Nine cities across the globe will host seminars and events intent on investigating “how local and regional societies, cultures and economies are becoming more integrated and empowered through a global network of communication”. (socialmediaweek.org) Social Media Week was founded in February 2009 in New […]

The Wine Column: Cloud Number Nine

By Michelle Bachmann Contributing Writer Whether your plans include an outdoor summer concert or a last minute road trip to Mount Charleston for a picnic, Cloud Number Nine Blend from Wine Shop At Home (WSAH) is what you want to take with you. It’s a light, fresh white wine with a “Twist Cap” that’s ready to […]

Join the Informer mailing list

Check your email and confirm the subscription